Thursday, October 7, 2010

..Kidwatching..

Hello class,

I wanted to start off my post today with answering Linda's questions from last week.  Yesterday, I worked a lot with the student who I am kidwatching and I made some distinctive observations about his writing.  While we were working on his writing piece about The Sun, I noticed that he has a vast imagination and is very creative.  Even though he has difficulties with his spelling, his imagination shines through his writing.  I also have noticed the less I say, they better he uses his creativity.  I have learned from just the couple of weeks that I have worked with him that If I say something, he will just write it down.  He produces much better work when I just guide him through his writing.  I have noticed that he has trouble spelling and doesn't have the most confidence in spelling, but he has been improving with his motives and has been trying harder to sound the words out.

I felt like Lauren and I helped a lot in Ms. Scotts second grade class yesterday.  We were able to help multiple students with their writing pieces.  I am enjoying the second grade atmosphere more and more every week.

--Marisa

2 comments:

  1. Marisa-
    Its great that you already have a kidwatching student! Its also great that your getting such an amazing one on one time! Sounds like your really enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa,
    I did not know that Ms. Scott worked with Ms. Thomson. I will definitely have to inquire about sitting in on one of those groups. You seem to be doing really well in your class and I admire that so any words of advice that you give I will deifinitely take them into consideration.

    ReplyDelete