Monday, November 8, 2010

Project Fair

During class last week, we had our project fair.  I thought this was a great way to share with the class our 5 genres.  I was excited to share about my topic and get feedback from my classmates.  Doing a project fair enables students to learn a little bit about all of the topics without having to read through 29 papers (which is unrealistic).  I was surprised with how many different topics were represented in our class.  The wide range of topics made the project fair more interesting and it was fun to hop from one topic to another.

Last Wednesday at University may have been the most productive day I have had yet.  I felt like I was able to work with my kidwatching child as well as work with many other students who needed extra help.  One student in my class needed help on a reading and writing assignment and I thought I did a great job working with her.  I reread a story with her that she had already read by herself.  After we read the story together, she had questions that she needed to answer.  We broke up each question into smaller pieces which helped her to understand it better.  I also helped her with understanding how to answer a question in full sentences.  By the end of the questions, she was answering them all by herself and answering the questions with full detail.  I was very proud of her and myself.

Great Day!

--Marisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment