Monday, September 6, 2010

First E339 class

Hello class,

I am really anxious to get the hang of this "blogging" chatter.  I have used blogger.com during my freshman year when I was enrolled in W200, but I feel that I have forgotten even the basic tools to navigate through my blogger.  The instructions for creating a blog for this class helped a lot!  I am excited to start a new semester of classes, especially now that we are all in clusters!  Time has flown by, I can't believe I will be student teaching next year!

During our first class last week, I felt really intrigued by what we will be doing in this class.  Don't get me wrong, I am not the best reader or writer, but after I left the class I felt confident in what we will be doing and learning.  I am excited to brush up on my writing skills and learn new ways and strategies for writing.  I am looking forward to learning from our instructor as well as each other.  I like that we are all in the same cluter this semester (reading and language arts) because I feel that we will all bond as a class.  I wrote for the first time in my writers notebook this weekend!  I think the writers notebook is a great idea!  I had a diary when I was in grade school but stopped it once I got into middle school.  Having my own writers notebook makes me feel like I am back in grade school writing in my diary.  I like the idea of having our writers notebook as a reference for our future classrooms.  I think it is a unique way to encourage our future students to have their own writers notebook. 

I am eager to get this semester started!
--Marisa

2 comments:

  1. Marisa,
    I am excited about this class as well. I think that having the opportunity to write our own thoughts and express ourselves in our notebook is a great way to talk about our own lives and grow as a writer. Also, commenting our other posts is a great way to learn more and see what our peers are thinking. I think writing in a notebook is a great idea and is probably something we will use for our students in our own class. I am anxious to learn more about blogging too! It makes me think of the movie Julie and Julia;)
    Great post Marisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first post is quite successful! I too hope the "cluster" becomes a strength for all of us.

    ReplyDelete